Google
 

Monday, March 05, 2007

What's The BIGGEST Problem In Business?

Trevor writes:

From the book you might find a writing style that really irritates the 'experts'. For instance I write:

For me, the biggest problem in business today is... just staying in business!

Regardless of the 'experts' views, whether they be economic soothsayers or doomsayers, we have to make our businesses work - no matter what the economic conditions!

And, some of us want to do better than just survive from day to day.

We want to make GOOD money!

So here’s the simple reality:

The prospects for a business to survive and prosper are determined by its ability to generate a profit.

Profit, in simplicity, is a function of a business' ability to generate more income than expenses whilst managing the astute growth and development of the business.

Nothing smart here... very simple!

I go on to discuss how I disagree with most 'experts' views that business should increase costs to increase business... here's why:

My experience is that most businesses in South Africa NEVER operate at, or anywhere near, their maximum sales, production or profit potential.

In my opinion, I conservatively believe that most South African businesses are WASTING at least 45% to 60% of their easily available profit potential.

Meaning, I believe, that it is highly likely that you can easily double your current bottom-line profits.

In many cases I believe that businesses could be increasing their profits by factors of up to FIVE and TEN times... and more.

And, it is important to recognise that each month that this wasted profit potential is ignored... it is lost forever.

Wasted profit potential can never be recovered.

To me, this is a shameful waste of good, easy money!

So where does the simple solution lie to uncovering these untapped profits?


I'll touch on that in my next post.

Regards
Trevor Nel - (int. 2711) 705-2790 - growth@global.co.za
Developer: INNER Circle Business Forum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home